Rocky Trail Destination and key trail building contractor Next Level Mountain Bike, are working with the Eurobodalla Shire Council (ESC) to fill up 25 job vacancies for the Mogo Trails construction project. Rocky Trail Destination has been leading the charge for the initiative. The Mogo Adventure Trail Hub project will establish a leading approach to skills and local capability development.
This is the first time in Australia that such an integrated approach to trail builder development is to be implemented with support from local government and state government. We are proud to contribute to the sustainable growth of the trail building industry and can’t wait to take this model into many more future ‘Rocky Trail’ destinations across Australia.
Here is an outline of the initiative, which will be facilitated by the Eurobodalla Shire Council (ESC) Jobs and Training Project:
The “Job Shop” is offering a free intro to bike construction short course to eligible locals. The 5-day training includes First Aid and CPR, White Card, Use hand and power tools and Chainsaw operations and is also suitable for anyone looking to upskill and work in the construction sector. Anyone who completes the training will be guaranteed an interview with Next Level MTB to work on the trails.
Current project status:
- Next Level MTB and Rocky Trail Destination with the ESC Project Manager have started walking the proposed corridors to assess the landscape for the final track alignment and we’re working with Council and Forestry to review the final design before progressing environmental and cultural approvals.
- Next Level Mountain bike has been busy planning its work crews and procuring equipment to get ready for the work.
Contact details for the training initiative:
- There are 15 training places for people living in Eurobodalla, who are no longer enrolled in school, 17 to 24 years old or unemployed/underemployed.
- The training is funded by the NSW Government’s Smart and Skilled program, which precludes students enrolled in school.
- To find our more or to enrol contact Council’s employment project officer Amy Kovacs on 4474 7380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on Mogo Trails head to https://www.esc.nsw.gov.au/council/major-projects/current-projects/planning-recreation-business/mogo-adventure-trail-hub-strategy